Thursday, July 14, 2005

Love...or so I thought...

I thought I loved you, until I realized that I only thought of you when you were in the same room as me.
I thought I loved you, until I realized I only loved the way you looked at me when I wasn't looking.
I thought I loved you, until I realized that I loved your voice and your energy. And your hair. And your eyes behind your glasses. And your Adam's apple.
I thought I loved you and that we were meant to be until I realized that we were meant to be...apart.
I thought I loved you, until I realized that I loved that we loved the same things.
I thought I loved you, until I realized that all you did was hurt me. Over and over again.
I thought I loved you, until I realized that I hated having to impress you all the time.
I thought I loved you, until I realized that I never felt the need to impress you at any time.
I thought I loved you, until I realized I loved being loved by you.
I thought I loved you and could never get over you, until I realized how quickly you got over me. And then I couldn't get over you fast enough.

8 Comments:

Blogger phucker said...

Lovely stuff.....and it's something I can relate to only too well....

9:13 PM  
Blogger aparna said...

very nice! and yes, it feels a lot like love :-)

3:15 AM  
Blogger Parth said...

I thought I loved you, but you started writing such fabulous blog entries that I was too overawed to think of anything else :-)

9:39 AM  
Blogger RS said...

If I was a bit confused about love, you have made that a rather big bit :)

The things realized...why is there an until before them? In some ways dont they fall under the broad categorization of love too?

1:06 PM  
Blogger sd said...

ok... This stuff is basically "mera sar ke uppar se nikal gaya" types:-) But its great!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Thank u all! And hey, don't be confused or overawed by me..I am too cowardly and cynical to know anything about *true* love :)I think Ramya has a better grip on it..yes,I guess many of the things 'realized' comprise love, but not in isolation..

9:58 AM  
Blogger shod said...

on rs's note ... if one was to define love, it wud be very close to all of what u defined ... since when was love meant 2 b a 'bed of roses' only ??

12:33 PM  
Blogger Vivek Sharma said...

Awesome stuff here lady!!

Can't agree less!

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home