Sunday, May 08, 2005

For all these reasons and more...

You knew what I needed without my even saying a word,
You felt that you could talk to me like a friend,
You called me when I needed you so much,
You shared your insecurities with me,
You showed me how to wear a sari,
You knew exactly what I meant,
You went to PTA meetings,
You bragged about me,
You worried about me,

You cried with me,

You cried for me,
You tried for me,
You questioned me,
You didn't question me,
You didn't care that I hurt you,
You woke up when I cried at night,
You were proud when I rode a bicycle,
You left your job and your passions for me,
You cut out pictures of apples for my art project,
You kissed my hurt away from my knees and my heart.

THANKS AMMA! Happy Mother's Day!

6 Comments:

Blogger aparna said...

nice! very simple and truthful. Touching :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Parth said...

Oh, come on :-) Sorry, I am not a big fan of this 'days' funda. For once, I partially agree with the Shiv Senaites. Invented by Archies and Hallmark to boost their sales. Of course, I don't mean to stone people for that :-)

11:03 AM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Good to know I won't be stoned by you :) Heck, Hallmark and Archies didn't make any money from my post, so no apologies. I think the least these 'days' can do is make u think grateful thoughts about people.

3:10 PM  
Blogger dinesh said...

Yes, simple, accurate and touching. I especially liked these lines.

You questioned me,
You didn't question me

Did your mom get a chance to read this poem?

6:56 AM  
Blogger phucker said...

Hey on a totally unrelated note - Sith's release date in India is 20th May...so that's just in time for your arrival! How long u gonna b in B'bay for?

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Aparna, Dinesh!And not yet, is the answer to yr question, Din. And THANKS, Tarun! Now my trip will be complete..I'll be in B'bay till the 10th or 11th June.
RT

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home