Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sting fever/Spring fever?

As you might have guessed, fever was the dominant part of my weekend..but only in terms of time. I've been really down. I think it might be strep throat, coz I can hardly make a sound, my throat hurts so bad...all that partying in LA couldn't have been too good for my system ;)
However, on to more important things - the Sting concert on Friday night. I went against my best judgment because I had paid good money, but more importantly, to satisfy that 18-year old in me who used to listen to Radio Midday and Times FM and dream of going to big concerts and seeing these wonderful musicians live. Now of course, having been to a few, I know it's not that big a deal to do it, but heck, that energy and the lights and the overpowering sound that shakes your very innards loose..phew..some kinda wonderful :) Now, if only it didn't cost an arm and a leg for every concert I want to go to...
Anyway..review? I was actually rather shocked. Pleasantly. It was so much more rock-sy than I expected. He did do some old stuff (Roxanne, Fields of Gold, Demolition Man, Every breath...), but some other stuff just blew my mind. And then there was some downright bizarre stuff, but we won't go there! There was none of his recent new age stuff..This tour was all about, as I found out later, going back to his rock roots. His guitarist went crazy during couple of solos, there were 2 encores, a LOT of people and almost as much beer, great sound and light effects.. so all in all it was very definitely a Rock Show Experience!

4 Comments:

Blogger Parth said...

Cool. I think by the time you get out of Akron, you'd have finished attending all concerts that you dreamed off when you were 15. Rock on :-)

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aarti: Lenny Kravitz is on tonight ...don't know if you like his music. My bro loved him, I am sure he would love to go for this one.

11:48 AM  
Blogger phucker said...

Sting.... I am jealous... the only live concert I've ever been to was Bryan Adams, in Delhi, 2003. Delhi never got many big artists :-(

11:39 PM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Tarun, dude..u can go to concerts in Madison Square Gardens, man..what are u complaining about?!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home