Friday, December 16, 2005

Time and Tide wait for none...

The growing pile mocks me
And reminds me of my 'issues' -
Time management, bad memory...
It almost makes me blow my fuse.

It's been just about two weeks
And I'm almost reaching the limit
"Do it now!" my inner voice shrieks
As the rest of me tries to dim it.

I try to find other distractions
But they all involve so much work
I pull myself together in fractions
It is a duty I can no longer shirk.

The time has come to face facts
If only to save me from tomorrow’s shame
I can no longer afford to be lax
I have certainly lost at this game.

With a wistful glance at the sunny road
I resign myself to the dreaded chore
I sigh and pick up the heavy load
And toss my clothes through the washer’s door

What is it they say about
Washing dirty laundry in public?
It’s just my clothes, without a doubt

But not washing them now will make me sick!

P.S. By way of explanation of title: Tide is a very popular brand of detergent here. And tomorrow is laundry day :(

7 Comments:

Blogger Parth said...

:-) Brilliant pun in the title, and excellent verse. Now, go and wash the damn clothes before the neighbours come complaining

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got it in the first line... that's because I have to do so too!

But I wouldn't write a poem and put some effort at making it nice just to avoid that :p

Wah! Wah! Wah!

2:56 PM  
Blogger bluesman said...

nicely done. That reminds I have to do my laundry as well ... sucks ...

8:46 PM  
Blogger aparna said...

Have fun washing dirty linen in public! :P

1:04 AM  
Blogger sd said...

Sahi :) The following recently happened to me -
Advisor: sd, you look a tad formally dressed today. Interviewing? *Looking for jobs without letting me know. Planning to quit. That sort of wierd look*
Sd: Ummmm *extremely shy*, actually I have not done my laundry for some time:(

So I completely understand this scenario!!

7:07 PM  
Blogger RS said...

I just hate doing laundry too! Just wont be able to rhyme and pun so well while hating it :)

7:35 AM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Hi all...yeah, it's more fun to complain and wash dirty linen metaphorically than really :)
You'll be happy to know that I did do it eventually. Even got rid of the 2-week old coffee stain on my bedsheet!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home