Thursday, December 29, 2005

Because...

.... Dreams need an engine and four wheels
.... An engine and four wheels breed dreams
.... I now have a winter-storm-overcoming-challenges-getting-a-good-deal story to tell my grandchildren
.... This is a one-of-a-kind feeling
.... I have never heard the twang in the guitar in "Mora Saiyyan" (Fuzon) or the shifting Dolby-like effect in "Suzy Q" (CCR) as clearly as I do now
.... My perfect travel mug of coffee beckons
.... The illusion that you own the car is sweet (the credit union owns it actually)
.... Exhilaration needs a mere 5-speed automatic, 156 HP, 4-cylinder engine to express itself
.... There are memories hidden in the Northwest waiting to be found

.... There are boys waiting to be picked up (yeah, right...who am I kidding!!)
.... I now firmly believe that distance is an ambiguous, subjective, flexible concept whatever the physicists may say. 2 miles is long using two legs, manageable using two buses, nothing using a 2006 Toyota Camry LE.
.... There are scenic routes waiting to be made favorites
.... There are shady areas in downtown waiting to be lost in (or 'discovered')
.... There are excuses for being late for work waiting to be invented (No more "I missed the bus!")
.... It is time!

Say hello to the new car owner!



Shamelessly copied this idea from Parth, who wrote a beautiful celebration of buying a house here

4 Comments:

Blogger dinesh said...

Rt,

Congratulations !

I thought you bought into the Akron Alumnis' philososophy of never buying a brand new car for life. Guess not !

11:27 AM  
Blogger sd said...

Congrats! And a happy new year.

5:58 PM  
Blogger aparna said...

Congrats!! :-)

And a Happy New Year!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Parth said...

LOL! I can vouch for the car being cool, having performed some Car Sewa myself on it.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home