Wednesday, March 02, 2005

In eRrRrr She AAH!!!!!

I am officially bbbbooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeedddddddddd beyondddddddddddd belieeeeeffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!
Don't get me wrong..not that I don't have things to do, just that I don't WANT TO DO THEM, DAMMIT!
Maybe my trip to Boston will shake me out of the inertia and get me moving on my dissertation. Maybe motivation, like happiness, is a state that eludes you the more you look for it.
Maybe happiness IS a mat that sits on my doorstep.*

Like my friend Sameer, inventor of languages and distributor of illegal cable TV says, "Maybe, then again, maybe not." (Best said in a thick Bronx accent, "Mebbe, mebbe not..wotcha gonna dooo aboudid?")

Boredom, like a slug
sucks.
is difficult to get rid of.
clings to you without your knowledge or approval.
is not pretty.
brings on others' pity, disgust but no help.
can attack suddenly, even in the middle of a seemingly busy life.

Hope for a new improved me this time next week. Sorry for trippy post.
For now, my bheja is fried.


Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship,
My senses have been stripped, my hands can't feel to grip,
My toes too numb to step, wait only for my boot heels
To be wanderin'.
I'm ready to go anywhere, I'm ready for to fade
Into my own parade, cast your dancing spell my way, I promise to go under it.*

*Apologies to Bob and Rob for the stolen lyrics. For those who recognized the lines, congratulations, we move in similar self-pitying but poetic circles! For the others, don't worry, your time will come..especially if you know me..you cannot escape!

2 Comments:

Blogger Parth said...

Ever seen a movie where the bheja is actually fried and eaten? Check out the climax of Hannibal!

When you hear some intelligent conversation this weekend which will seem beyond you and yet is 'normal' for those people, your worthlessness will hit you and you will sink lower than this :-) Just kidding, I am sure the trip to Boston will do you good. Its ok to be bored.

10:58 AM  
Blogger shod said...

itna bore nahi hone ka ... bole to apne paas delaware aane ka ... lots of stuff happenin ... check my blog 4 pics

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home