Saturday, October 15, 2005

Blocked!

It's happened. After some surprisingly frequent entries, I've finally run out of steam. I don't know what to write. Every sentence I start seems stupid and meaningless. I suppose it's writer's block. I suppose you need to be a writer to have writer's block. Whatever :(
That's not the only thing. I also have been facing reader's block of late. I hate to admit it, but I can't seem to read anything new with anything nearing the enthusiasm I used to have for books. I have had this Arthur C. Clarke book for over a month now, and have sooo lost momentum that I have forgotten the beginning of the book! That hasn't happened too often.
You know what else was blocked? My entry into the apartment. Our friends dropped us back tonight after dandiya, and as soon as they started driving away, I realized that the apartment keys were in their car. We ran after the car, stopped strangers and asked them for their phones (middle of the night, middle of nowhere, two young women looking dressed up and pretty, asking strange men for their phones is certainly not my passtime of choice!), called people who knew our car friends, woke up half the town (yeah, all five of them!!) and finally, after waiting a while, got them to come back with the keys. So much guilt, tiredness, cold weather and being irritated with myself doesn't mix too well.
On the positive side, I got a job offer at the company I'm interning with. After only two months :) I'm going to have to make the decision over this weekend, but regardless of what it is, I am pumped about it!! I plan to indulge in some good food or at the very least, some good Tiramisu or ice-cream tomorrow. So there'll be something else of mine that'll be blocked - my arteries!

4 Comments:

Blogger aparna said...

and you wrote this much with a writer's block?! :P

congratulations for the job offer! :-)

2:45 AM  
Blogger Parth said...

What can go wrong will go wrong. Unless its you. In which case it probably was meant to go wrong :-) All right, won't be mean. I hope the dandia was good at least. Hmm. Some people in Seattle had Cold Stone Creamery ice cream. Did the whiff travel 197 miles?

1:54 PM  
Blogger RS said...

Absolutely agree with you on writer's block - I have it and I am no writer :)

My garbha-dandia experience was not quite as eventful as yours though ;)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Parth said...

You have been tagged

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home