Monday, September 26, 2005

Story time...

The run.
He’d followed her for eight blocks. She noticed a blue shirt and a beard. Panicking, she ran faster, picking hidden paths until she lost him. She finally reached home, panting and nervous. As she entered the bedroom, a blue flash surprised her from the shadows. His stubble teased her lips as he breathed, “I won!”

Crazy little thing...
“They did what?” GI56 asked incredulously. “Got ‘married’”, PE14 said, tired of trying to make them understand. IK25 added in an awed whisper, “They even used to procreate with a single unit repeatedly”. “But…but...why?” GI56 wondered.
PE14 said wistfully, almost to itself, “I’ve heard of something these human ancestors of ours used to call ‘love'...”

Okay, two attempts to fulfill the tag-requirements - Parth tagged me to write a short story within 55 words. Two attempts to while away a train journey instead of working like I meant to. Two attempts to get back to the blogging world after feeling like I'd run dry of ideas! One is almost a secret fantasy of mine...talk of runner's high ;) The second one is sort of inspired by the kind of science fiction that I love, where we start questioning society and human-ness from a futuristic eye.Let me know which, (if either of them) works.

Here I tag Aparna, Vivek and Ramya

10 Comments:

Blogger aparna said...

:D good ones! liked the 'they even used to procreate with a single unit' bit ;-)

and am sooooo not a story telling person! BUT i shall give it a try anyways!

1:05 AM  
Blogger OMG said...

I love both. The first made me smile wistfully and the second, laugh out loud. Great job. I was tagged by Parth as well, so I guess the tagging has come full circle!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Parth said...

I liked the first one better, though the second one is good too. I am glad you appreciate the challenge in getting closure on a story in 55 words. That's what made the tag challenging and I think you came through the challenge.

9:18 AM  
Blogger aparna said...

okay, tag attempted!

11:46 AM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Thank u all!
Nice job, Aparna, I saw your attempt! Tarun, you should read Isaac Asimov's short stories..he's got loads of 'meaningful' sci-fi.
OMG, welcome to the curb..keep coming! Ya Parth..lots of challenges this weekend, this one was easy ;)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

nice

11:58 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

Both are pretty good attempts. Have also given it a second shot.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting.

1:06 AM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Hi ED,A! Thanks - for the comment and for coming here!

9:05 AM  
Blogger RS said...

Hey rtd2 - after quite a struggle, write the 55 word story and its nowhere as innovative as urs!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey RT!

The first one is excellent, it was fun.

The second one is more creative but out of my league. :D

G

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home