Monday, September 12, 2005

And Time will have his fancy...

Snippets from brilliant work by poets from different ages, with different voices, speaking different tongues, but reaching me in one place.


As I walked out one evening
- W.H.Auden


But all the clocks in the city
Began to whirr and chime:
"O let not Time deceive you,
You cannot conquer Time.

"In the burrows of the Nightmare
Where Justice naked is,
Time watches from the shadow
And coughs when you would kiss.

"In headaches and in worry
Vaguely life leaks away,
And Time will have his fancy
To-morrow or to-day.

Aaj jaane ki zid na karo
- Sung beautifully by Farida Khanum (Written by Fayyaz Hashmi??)
Waqt ki qaid mein
zindagi hai magar
chand ghadiyaan yahi hain jo aazaad hai
Inko khokar abhi jaan-e-jaan
Umr bhar na taraste raho

Save tonight
- Eagle Eye Cherry (from his awesome debut Album:Desireless)
Go on and close the curtains
cause all we need is candle light
You and me and a bottle of wine
gonna hold you tonight
Well we know I'm going away
and how I wish, I wish it weren't so
So take this wine and drink with me
let's delay our misery

Save tonight
and fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow
tomorrow I'll be gone

Today's the first birthday of this blog...Happy Birthday!! In several ways, Time has stood still for me this past year, but in several more, he has certainly had his fancy. Thanks to all those who travelled down this curb with me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Parth said...

Congratulations on completing a year on the blogosphere. Time's been good to you, I think. At least, off late :-)

11:31 AM  
Blogger phucker said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday! Till next year!

9:31 PM  
Blogger sd said...

Happy Blog B'day!

11:21 PM  
Blogger aparna said...

hey! happy bday to your blog. and it has been nice to know and frequent this blog :-)

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey all! My blog says thanks :)
Aarti

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home