Sunday, June 04, 2006

Weirdly yours...

It seems like ages since I accessed this space, and the blogosphere in general. I actually made a mistake with my password signing in!

Well, given my current state of busy-ness, I'm glad to have an easy cop-out...my brain is too tired to come up with something original, so I'm going to give in to Aparna's tag.
This one requires coming up with 6 weird things about oneself, and then tagging six others. I'll do the first, not the second...(sorry, Aparna!)

So here goes, six publicly declarable ways in which I get qualified as 'weird':
1. I get really irritated and pissy if I don't get at least 10 minutes of quiet, alone 'me' time every day.
2. I hold on to little, silly mementoes which may seem inconsequential to others, but somehow tie me to a memory or a day. Examples include old ticket stubs, an empty cigarette box, an almost empty packet of Tums, an edge of a sheet containing a scribbled note from my college days, a piece of tinsel from a gift wrapping...
3. I am constantly looking for, and get tickled by funny store names, street names, place names, etc. Consider a gem from my road trip last weekend: An exit called "Hooker Creek" on I-5, enroute to a city called "Weed"! Only in California, land of free love and flower power!








4. I find it very hard to believe/accept compliments about my appearance. Relatedly, I hate being photographed.
5. There are times when I absolutely have to listen to a particular song, or else I get paranoid and superstitious feelings that something's going to go wrong. Like I believe strongly that the reason I topped in Math in my HSC is that I listened to "Sunny came home" just before I left although in the process I almost got late for my exam. If you know me at all, you'll know how ridiculous it is that I did well in something like Math and will believe that it's the song that did it!
6. I have a really weird memory - I can remember some foolish, unimportant trivia for years, but can't for the life of me remember whether someone I spent the last five days with wears glasses or not! I can't play card games because I forget what happened two moves back, but I can whomp your ass at remembering lines from movies I love, however long back I've seen them!

Phew, done! I'm still a blogger. Thanks for a quick excuse for an entry, Aparna. Anyone else who happens to drift by, feel free to accept the baton for this tag...

Later, gators!

4 Comments:

Blogger Parth said...

Oh, you forgot the one about very 'smaarti' e-mail names and the song for each occasion and ... I should stop :-) Aparna, you should have made that a list of 20 not 6. You just 'curbed' what could have been something brilliant to read :-)

10:42 AM  
Blogger aparna said...

oh, this was very very weird indeed! :D

ditton for 2, but no... not his extreme.

6 was very wierd indeed! Dont forget my blog URL girl! ;D

10:10 PM  
Blogger dinesh said...

Aarti -- Didn;t know I would match you in all those weird stuff ! :)

2 - me too (only rarely though and with special people..)

4 - Me too, but I think it's different with guys...it's a lot more common for girls to be complimented on their appearance anyway

5 - Ditto

6 - Ditto

Well, there's only one difference..You thought all those made you weird. I think it makes me normal ! :)

7:58 AM  
Blogger bluesman said...

You gotta love california :)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home