Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Attempt # 2*

I've tried to rhyme and croon before, but never, my love, for you;
Words flow so easily now in a song I wrote, my love, for you.

You showed me life's possibilities through the glass of hope
I would have been lost and despaired long ago, but, my love, for you.

I was so selfish, tangled in my needs and fears
You saved me from myself by letting me care, my love, for you.

I had become completely numb to both pleasure and pain
You brought a spark back to my darkened heart and so I fell, my love, for you.

In your eyes, I'm beautiful, in your hands I'm clay
You can make me do anything your heart desires, my love, for you.

Life's joys, brief moments of bliss, triumphs, gifts
Don't you know that they'd all mean nothing if not, my love, for you?

You rode bravely with me, through my highs and lows
Forgive me my madness, but you made me crazy, my love, for you.

Before, diamonds were just hardened coal, snowflakes just frozen rain
Your faith brought wonder to my life and it's all, my love, for you.

In my heart I know the truth,"Zaara! It's written in the stars!"
There never was the slightest doubt that I was meant, my love, for you!
*This is the second time I'm attempting to write something ghazal-style. I don't know if it worked, but I thought that I'd be forgiven for unleashing this sentimentality today, of all days!
Of course, 'my love' in this piece is an amalgamation of my loves, past, present and future, platonic, romantic, and everything in between!
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you from all of me!

4 Comments:

Blogger aparna said...

waah! you are in a poetic mood it seems! told ya, you should have a poetry blog of your own.

this was sweet :)

happy valentines day to you too!

1:33 AM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Thanks sweets :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger sd said...

Wah Wah! Like the way you ended it all in the last para...

6:28 AM  
Blogger RS said...

Me likes the post :) Keep 'em coming!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home