Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In Jeopardy! Need help...quick!

Hah! Got your attention?!
Well, it's true...sort of. Here's why:
I'm going to try out for a quiz show called Jeopardy on Monday. Very tough, very popular (okay, amongst trivia buffs), very cheesily presented but intelligently crafted show.
Part of the ritual for trying out includes a form I need to fill out. Part of said form reads "If you become a contestant on "Jeopardy!" we need to know some interesting bits of information about you to be used during our on-camera interview with Alex Trebek. Please list 5 brief bits about yourself below. They only need to be one-liners. Tell us about your job, hobbies, embarrassing moments, claims to fame, (awards, honors, etc.), your wildest ambition or some unusual things you collect."
Now, the last thing I can do amidst the many things I need to do already, is think of five interesting things about me, so I need help. Some of you know me more than ten years, some not at all...in my many avatars, something somewhere must (hopefully!) have struck someone as being interesting. If I can scrounge up even one interesting fact about myself through this forum, I'll not only be able to fill this dratted form, I'll also feel less boring. So please chime in!
And please do not refer to previous post - weird cannot qualify as 'interesting' for Jeopardy!
And I promise, at the end of this craziness that's my life at present, I will deliver at least one sensible post!

6 Comments:

Blogger dinesh said...

You're going to try it out ? Like can you try it out just like that ?

I've been watching the show for more than 5 years and have wanted to be a part of the show..but don't know how !

In any case, interesting things about you...I might have a few suggestions...will e-mail. And G'luck with the show.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Adele said...

[1] your friends are in constant jeopardy of breaking into fits of giggling for no good reason when they are around you

[2] your initials could read A.S.-Always Selfdoubting

[3] playing games that are trivia/movie/book related with you is no fun at all. cos you will most likely win and you ll have too much fun winning.

hows that for 10 years? :)

5:02 AM  
Blogger sd said...

Neat. I watch that show quite often. And although this is from your last post, but you do collect "interesting names"!

5:39 AM  
Blogger aparna said...

Hmmm.... wierd is interesting you know! :D

11:10 PM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Yes Din, you can try out just like that...actually my uncle did a quiz and got selected and taunted me saying I could never do it, so I just registered on the Jeopardy website for the Portland try-outs, got late in replying to their email invite, etc. and yet they were stupid enough to let me do it!
Thanks Adele, SD, and hmm..Aparna! Adele, I think I can return the first comment about you!

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You have a nice site here..really good stuff. Here’s something I want to share with you, especially for travel lovers… I came across this cool airfare consolidator, called cFares. This is sooooo awesome because it ACTUALLY gives you the best deals on airfares. They have something called a Platinum membership which gives you even lower fares than what you get.. I completely recommend this site, especially the platinum membership.
Here’s the link for that…

http://cfares.regalix.com/cfares/cfares/index.jsp?channel=nblp&adgroup=rtd2.blogspot

Tell all ur friends and colleagues in the US. Awesome prices if ur flying anywhere in the world..and it’s really useful, if ur flying from the US to China, South East Asia and Europe…hope this helps!! The Platinum membership is paid and trust me it’s worth every bit!!

Cheers!!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home