Sunday, February 05, 2006

A tag to build a dream on!

When I was four I'd only just
Begun to notice that boys exist,
Have short hair and short pants
And car toys (if their parents were sexist)

By the time I turned ten
Things had changed a bit
My first crush, my first heartbreak
And at the time I was heartily denying it

Three years later and I had turned
Into that interesting creature, a teen
When the only boys that mattered
Were on TV, in books, or at least eighteen!

At sweet sixteen I still dreamt
Of lopsided smiles and brown eyes
And surprise gifts from Mr.Right
And dreaming, missed all the good guys :(

I turned twenty two, still single
Left the country for greener pastures
Got a degree, a job but still no man
Who'd thrill me to raptures

My mistake came to me one day
I had built a mold, a holding pen
And tried to fit men into it instead of
Molding my ideals to fit the men!


But hey, I got tagged by Aparna to dream a little dream. So I'm going to take this opportunity and see if I can squeeze all these years of red herring fantasies into eight bullet points !

The Rules:
1. The tagged victim (haha!) has to come up with 8 different points of their perfect lover.
2. You have to mention the sex of the target.
3. Tag 8 victims to join this game & leave a comment on their comments saying they've been tagged. (This I'm not doing, sorry!)
4. If tagged the 2nd time, there's no need to post again.

Ok, here goes...
Sex of the 'target' - Male.

My perfect desert island dreamboat ideal man:
1. Is a 'nice guy' - patient, compassionate, respectful, loyal and understanding.
2. Loves music. Is willing to experiment with different kinds. Indulges my music tastes, and shares with me his. Wants us to discover new music together. Gets excited by music trivia.
3. Is very intelligent, almost nerdy. Grasps things quickly and is a treasurehouse of knowledge. Is still logical, rational and keeps me grounded with that rationality and common sense!
4. Is very passionate. He gets excited by new advances in science, inspired by good poetry, intrigued by the possibility of alien life, amused by the mysteries of human relationships and enraged by the manipulations of politicians.
5. Has a nice mouth and a great smile, strong arms (not muscular - just toned and veiny!), brown eyes, straight black hair, a lean body, not too tall but taller than me, and good hands.
6. Respects me. Gives me my space and my independence without being resentful, jealous, hurt or condescending.
7. Brings something new to my life everyday, whether it is an attitude, an idea, a story from work, a book recommendation, a song that touched him, a surprise gift or tax advice. I think the loveliest relationships I've seen are those where couples share and learn from each other...And god knows I need to learn a lot of things!
8. Makes me want to show him off to my friends and family :)


Alright, I don't have eight people who read this blog that I can pass this onto. So I'm going to open this tag to whoever is interested in tagging along... I know one person who'd do it, but doesn't have a blog (Maru...how many such lists have you and I come up with over the years, huh?!), someone who has her ideal man already, someone who's shared some of his ideas on this with me but not completely, someone whose list will surely be interesting and someone who's such a romantic I'd love to see him forced into compiling a list of his romantic projections!

6 Comments:

Blogger aparna said...

this was sooo sweet! the poem! lurved it :)

And yeah, taste in music, true true! and ditto 'loyal' too!

And yeah will keep you posted on the clone ;-)

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe!wanted to make a list abt the same, from the other side of the fence..but no one except me'll be xcited abt it..so, let's leave it at that...but dreaming is definitely a good thing, doesnt stop me from making my lists inspite of being married ;)

3:02 AM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

Wow, I could have written that list myself, (and have actually) right down to the "good hands".
When your guy comes along, will you tell me if he has a very similar brother?
I could return the favor if you wish :).

12:20 PM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Aparna, thanks girl! Good to know marriage doesn't come in the way of dreaming, Mars ;)
Willowtree...welcome to the curb! And yeah...I'm going to look for some large scale manufacturing plant of this prototype guy :)
Tarun, u gave yourself away, man...under the ranty foul-mouthed exterior, u're a sweetheart for dropping comments like this!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Adele said...

wow! i have married your perfect guy! right down to the 'hands' everything you wrote is my husband incarnate!

so all i have to do is pray- (which has proved to be effective method for other friends ;)and you will find all this and much more than you can come up with.

He exists- just for you, He does. He is roaming around this planet- desperate to find you- cos you match his list.

love you,
adele

12:11 AM  
Blogger dinesh said...

Interesting list ! When I read your list the first time, I thought "she wants all that in one man ?". Then later, when I re-read those, I felt that almost all of those expectations were reasonable ones !

As for my perfect match, I'd have to put osme thoughht to it. Will do it soon.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home