Tuesday, April 03, 2007

9 crimes

Like one of Damien Rice's earlier hits, Blower's Daughter, which I absolutely love as well, for all kinds of reasons, I fell in love with this song too - "at first sound" :)
I don't know why this song is called 9 crimes, and I am not even entirely sure what the song is about other than to imagine that it's about being with Someone and thinking about/cheating on that Someone with Somebody Else.
Sort of a common theme in plenty of cool music, as it happens. Like Suzanne Vega puts it, "It won't do to dream of Caramel, to think of cinnamon, and long for you". Listen to Caramel in a car alone in the middle of a lonely highway at night and you'll know what she's getting at.

Ok, consider this my best attempt at getting over Blogger's Block. Maybe I can trace that to Dissertation Writer's Block. Or maybe the two blocks have a common cause - Blockheadedness. See what I mean? I can't even write a decent post script...:( Help!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mystic Rose said...

:). a good post for a blogger's block, or even a writer's block. :)

i havent watched Blower's daughter yet though Ive heard a lot of goodthings about it.. should give it a try.

fanaa is indeed mystical, as most of the posts in that blog are, the earthly passion ones are in the other blog, frothy waters..:)

http://frothywaters.blogspot.com

12:08 AM  
Blogger sd said...

Very nice song.

9:31 AM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Thanks for the clarification Mystic Rose :) And for the comment...
Blower's daughter is the song which appears on the soundtrack of Closer - the link in the post should still work hopefully...check it out...
Thanks for stopping by SD..

12:53 PM  
Blogger Parth said...

Few points:
1. I heard the song first as it played on a seperate tab on my trusted IE7. Then, I 'saw' the video. Sorry, it spoilt the song for me.
2. 'Is that all right' sounds so similar to 'and so it is' in tune.
3. No wonder PhD stands for 'Paagal ho gaya dekho' :-)

11:30 AM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Ya...I know how watching a video sometimes spoils a song. Not this one for me though - sorry it did for you!
As for the PhD...you are quite right. In my case right now it's "Pagal Hun, (degree) De do!!"

8:04 PM  
Blogger CAR said...

The song is absolutely perfect for the movie. But since the movie is so close to reality, it is only natural, almost anybody who has ever loved must get that song :-)

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home