Friday, December 22, 2006

Winter Soul-stice

Be still, Wish Machine!
Another year draws to a close
Your time is running out, but
Wait! There's a moment yet
A desperate prayer to be back next year.

Be quiet, Restless Heart!
You now know the dangers lurking
Behind the smiles, the words, the promises
Wait! You may yet find
That not all who wander are lost.

Be calm, Agitated Mind!
Why must you ruminate and fret so?
One of your rushed thoughts beckons,
Wait! You can't stop thinking
But you must think of stopping.

Be mine, Fleeting Contentment!
Must you tease and tempt me still?
The more I need you the more you elude me
Wait! I'd forgotten - you are
The tail I should stop chasing.

Be silent, Loud Ambition!
I forget that you're powerless alone
You and your crony Entitlement must
Wait! I cannot use you yet
Not without Purpose and Hard Work.

Be patient, Silent Rapture!
Like a bottle of vintage wine
I've preserved you for the right moments
Wait! I know your time is coming - I see it
In the lengthening days and my brightening outlook.

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Like a bottle of vintage wine
I've preserved you for the right moments
Wait! I know your time is coming - I see it
A very promising end indeed! Good work!

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home