Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wishious cycle

I find it terribly easy to feel self-pity
For myself, my fate, my lot in life
As if I'm stuck here for eternity,
Sentenced to disappointment and strife.
The sun sets, the Daily Show comes on
Sleep, cellphone alarm, it's early morn.
Work, enquiries about the weekend
Polite laughter, coffee stains, emails to send.
I drive back in the rain just to greet
A broken smoke detector, a leaky faucet
That drips into yesterday's dinner plate set
Aside, only there were other needs to meet.
Replacing the batteries, doing the dishes,
I realize, "I've got just what my heart wishes!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the read, Aarti! Excellent work here - mundane and sublime all at once. Getting what you want is not the hard part - it's knowing what you want. and it sounds like you want a vacation to Hong Kong!
; )

Mano

3:44 PM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Mano darling!! You will live a thousand years! I drove back wishing you were here...I'm having career issues I know only you can understand and help with...Maybe a trip to Hong Kong is what the doctor ordered :)
And thanks for the comment...I'm reading a novel made entirely of sonnets, felt like trying my hand at it.

6:27 PM  
Blogger frissko said...

different geography..similar life..hate to admit..totally empathize..(but am working towards changing locations..as if changing locations would change fortunes, shake life up a bit..)..

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aarti,

You know you can email or call me anytime if you want to talk about career issues. I'm here for you.

And by the way, my rates are only US$300 per hour.

:P

Mano

7:31 AM  
Blogger Vivek Sharma said...

u set it up nicely:) for the last sentence to crack one up...

still smiling:)

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home