Saturday, March 17, 2007

Say we meet again

Say we meet again…
I pray that it is when the sun
Is in hiding and the stars
Are not quite aligned.

And upon your brow
There is a frown and the spring
Is missing from my step
And our fortunes are down.

Maybe I hate my life
And your face has gone ugly
My temperament’s not as forgiving
And your passion’s run dry

When we know there are no sunsets
Or romantic walks in the rain
And dreams are just neurons
Firing randomly while we sleep.

If, at that time, you still want to walk
With me in the rain, towards the sunset
And sleep just to dream of each other
Then, say we’ll meet again.

Thanks to Lindsey Buckingham (of Fleetwood Mac fame) for inspiration. Again.

5 Comments:

Blogger RS said...

Nice...I just heard the song, the song and your lyrics put me in a very different place, now I don't feel like working :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Hey Ramya, long time no see! I wasn't aiming for writing 'lyrics' as much as good old poetry but thanks :) And hey, looks like I should look you up for excuses to not work!

8:03 PM  
Blogger J said...

I woke up with some weird and wild dreams today....so I'd like to believe :

dreams are just neurons
Firing randomly while we sleep.

12:13 AM  
Blogger shreya said...

nice. reminds me of "love in the time of cholera"...but then, i seem to say mention this book waaayyy too often!!

thank you for the compliment. hope to see you more often...

11:06 AM  
Blogger Cinderella said...

Great lyrics.just waiting for more.
Indian Movies

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home