Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ash Wednesday

Here's a (potentially blasphemous!) one..
Q. What's the difference between the Pope and me?
A. He missed Ash Wednesday, but I didn't!!
"WTF?" I hear u go...let me explain. The Pope missed Ash Wednesday services at the Vatican due to illness. I caught Aishwarya Rai on the Late Show with David Letterman in the wee hours of Wednesday morning.
Sooo..with that really bad joke (contrived sure, but cute, u must admit!) let me get to the point. I thought Aishwarya was cheeky, irritatingly giggly and a wee bit too conceited for late night television, where even really awesome people let down their guard and laugh at themselves. She looked ravishing, she always does. But her attitude really was shocking...when Letterman (predictably) asked her if she lived at home with her parents, and if that's a tradition in India, she was caustic. She said something like, at least it wasn't customary in India to call for an appointment if you wanted to meet your parents. She tried to come off coy, but to me she seemed cocky!
So that made me wonder, is this the best we can do? Is she the representation of the New India? Coz like it or not, u must admit, more people around the world know who she is than who Manmohan Singh is. And maybe I am just overly judgmental. After all, she did okay in the 60 Minutes interview (thanks for the link, Parth), so maybe she is a good face (literally and otherwise!) for India..I don't know, what say you?

10 Comments:

Blogger phucker said...

Funny I read a totally opposite review. As for the caustic comeback, I thought that was great. In fact, I heard there was applause at here saying "We don't need to make appointments..."
Unfortunately, my shady roommate has not paid this month's cable fees, so I have been watching no TV all of last week....

4:20 PM  
Blogger Parth said...

Oh God, this is tragic. Go see my blog :-)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Parth said...

BTW Tarun, the tone of her reply really was caustic. She didn't seem to 'get' the idea of humor on late night TV

5:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bollywood Love Songs

12:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very Nice...

Old Romantic love songs

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Saavn Pro APK said...

Thank You For Amazing Information

3:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank You For Amazing Information Admin Please Check My Article On NOVA LAUNCHER PRIME APK

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Saavn Pro APK said...

Such A Great Article Admin Thank You

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Abhi said...

Such A Great Article Admin Thank You Please Check My Article On Saavn Pro MOD

5:26 AM  
Blogger Job Guru said...

Thank You For this nice post
Hindi numbers

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home