Monday, February 14, 2005

Et tu, Aarti?

Since I am soo gullible and am all consumed by the consumer propaganda that is Valentine's Day (hehehe..ok, maybe not so much!), I thought I'd think of a few 'love songs' that mean a lot to me for some reason or the other. The problem is, even though I totally don't buy into the b-s that's Valentine's Day, I am a closet romantic sometimes..especially when it comes to songs and movies and books. To steal a line from my love Dave Mathews, "I love them oh, so well, like a kid loves candy and fresh snow"! Unabashedly, trustingly,with awe and delight..I love romances in everything but myself :) When it comes to me, I have no idea how to be romantic or bashful or remember birthdays or waste money on flowers or anything. Maybe that's why I am still single :)
Here's my list and links to lyrics (but not the reasons! Most of them have stories behind them, most of them not even romantic!!)
1. Kayleigh, by Marillion
2. So far away, by Dire Straits
3. Romeo and Juliet, also by Dire Straits
4. Yeh kahaan aa gaye hum, from the movie Silsila
5. Oh, by Dave Mathews
6. Pehla Nasha, from the movie Jo jeeta wohi sikandar
7. Tum gaye, from the movie Maachis
8. Say a little prayer, by Dionne Warwick (and Aretha Franklin and Diana King and...)
9. Days go by, by Dirty Vegas
10. Get lost, by Eric Clapton
11. What a diff'rence a day made, by Jamie Cullum
12. As I lay me down, by Sophie B. Hawkins
13. California Dreamin', by The Mamas and the Papas

6 Comments:

Blogger phucker said...

Just wanted to say that the ability to be romantic is no pre-requisite to having a significant other. It's just that Men and Women are so messed up, so don't sweat it! Besides, I've noticed that it's a lot harder for South Asians to find somebody in America than in India. I don't think it's a racial thing, just a cultural one..! But then maybe that's just me!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Parth said...

Good traits : not wasting money on chocolates or flowers or other such things. Try words: they are free, they are beautiful, and more often than not, they are original. Of course, good luck finding someone who agrees with that philosophy :-)

10:35 AM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

I agree with both of u. And yes, Tarun..forget boyfriend, I have had a tough time making friends with the desis here. For some reason, many of them retreat into cliques and groups based on language, unfortunately. And when it comes to that, I am worse than dhobhi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka! Seemed like growing up in a land of so many people, it was easier to pick and choose like-minded folks to be your friends.Here, u make the "best of what's around" (Another Dave Mathews song!)

8:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very Nice...

Old Romantic love songs

12:58 AM  
Blogger Job Guru said...

This is nice post from your Blog...Hindi numbers

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from your blog this one is nice
download turbo c c++
turbo c

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home