Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Famous is as famous knows...

Yesterday, looking for a recommendation on www.musicindiaonline.com, I came across an article about Gayatri Iyer..whose name I never gave a second thought to, because that's almost as generic as John Smith. It was the first time that I saw her picture though yesterday, and I realised that I went to school with this woman.
A similar thing happened some time back..I was being introduced to some current filmi music, and I totally fell in love with "Aisa jaadoo" from "Khakhee". Then, I realised that the composer was Ram Sampath, who was in my brother's class and we played together when we were kids..My dad helped him open his first bank account and so on.
Being born and brought up in Bombay, I have had the (mis)fortune of coming in contact with several "celebrity" types. At the cost of seeming exceedingly pretentious and snobby, here's a list of people I either went to school/college with or have spoken to, or harassed as judges during Malhar, in a random order:
1. Shilpa Shetty
2. Shamita Shetty
3. Upamanyu Chatterjee
4. Aditya Hitkari *sigh*
5. Rahul Bose *SIGH*
6. Rahul Dravid *SSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH*
7. Ayesha Dharker
8. Neha Dubey
9. Alyque Padamsee
10. Harsh Mankad
11. Kaizad Gustad
12. Anupama Verma
13. Bikram Saluja
14. Aamir Khan's dog
15. Yukta Mukhi
And of course, Ram and Gayatri. And Vidya Balan, a friend who's making it big now.
Any time I mention things like this here in Akron, I get a big reflected glory glance from folks, so I figured, let's see exactly how many famous people I can reflect glory off of! And there you have it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Parth said...

Don't worry, you are on your way to becoming a mini-celebrity in Akron :-) (I am in a mean mood today). Jokes apart, one day you are going to be one successful psycho and I'll write a blog entry about you (of course, by then, you'd be the only person around who still reads my blog).

10:01 AM  
Blogger phucker said...

Well well, I feel privileged to be on this blog. To add a little showing off of my own, I used go for morning walks with Roshan Seth in my park. It turns out that he's a bitter old man :-( I said hi to Zohra Sehgal when she wandered in to the local Barista to have coffee with her family. Soha Ali Khan - Saif's sister, Sharmila's daughter (currently going to be debuting in Dil Maange More) was my senior by 1 year in high school. I used to spend my time irritating her by going up to her and saying - SoHA HA HA! Anoushka Shankar is the girlfriend of an ex-friend of mine, and I used to have conversations with her when she was much younger and used to drop by my school...hmmm and that's as far as it goes I guess.. :-(

8:58 PM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Tarun..quality trumps quantity..you win!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home